Last Updated: December 18, 2019
- Your Consent:
- Personal Information:
- Information That BMW Toronto Collects:
- Information You Provide and User Options Regarding Personal Information
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to BMW Toronto when you interact, orally, in writing or by electronic transmission, with BMW Toronto, including when you apply for an account or membership, subscribe to a newsletter, register to receive information, apply or register for or order a product or service offered by BMW Toronto or use a product or service provided by BMW Toronto. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with BMW Toronto or otherwise receive the full benefit of the desired product or service. Telephone calls between you and BMW Toronto will be recorded to ensure accuracy and quality assurance, and may be disclosed to third parties to verify BMW Toronto is compliant with its contractual obligations to third parties. You can choose not to have the telephone call recorded, and communicate by writing or electronic transmission.
- Automated Collection:
BMW Toronto may automatically collect certain information regarding your use of BMW Toronto’s website or online service, such as the dates and times that you access the website or online service, the browsers, operating systems, software and devices that you use to access the website or online service and details of your use of the website or online service.
BMW Toronto’s websites, online services, email messages and advertisements may use technologies (e.g. cookies, web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags) to collect information that assists BMW Toronto to improve its products, services, customer communications and advertising and to prevent fraud. BMW Toronto may use information that it collects through technological means to recognize you as a user of BMW Toronto’s websites or online services, to facilitate and improve your use of BMW Toronto’s websites or online services, to confirm that messages have been delivered to and opened by you and to provide you with targeted advertisements. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser or device permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of a website or online service. More information about cookies used for interest-based advertising is set out in section 4(c) below.
- Credit Reports:
- Information Regarding Referred Transactions
- How BMW Toronto Uses Personal Information:
- to administer your relationship with BMW Toronto, including to create and manage your account or membership with BMW Toronto and to contact and correspond with you regarding those matters;
- to facilitate your interactions and transactions with BMW Toronto, including to process your applications, requests, orders and payments;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications;
- to provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding BMW Toronto and its products and services and related products and services offered by other businesses, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- to administer and facilitate your participation in contests and promotions related to BMW Toronto;
- to maintain, protect and improve BMW Toronto’s products and services and to develop new products and services;
- Interest-Based Advertising
- How BMW Toronto Discloses Personal Information:
- Specific Consents
BMW Toronto may disclose your personal information in accordance with express or implied consents that you give during your interactions and transactions with BMW Toronto.
- Referred Transactions
- Suppliers and Service Providers
- Law Enforcement/Legal Disclosures
(f) Business Transactions
- Location of Personal Information:
BMW Toronto and its service providers may process, store and use your personal information at facilities in various countries, including Canada, the United States of America and one or more countries in Europe or Asia. The personal information protection laws of those other countries might be different from the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to BMW Toronto, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
- Retention of Personal Information:
- Information Technology and Safeguards of Personal Information:
- Accuracy and Access to Personal Information:
BMW Toronto will rely on you to ensure that your personal information that you provide to BMW Toronto is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which BMW Toronto uses the personal information. You will promptly notify BMW Toronto of any changes to your personal information using the procedures made available for that purpose by BMW Toronto or by contacting BMW Toronto customer service.
You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by BMW Toronto and information about BMW Toronto’s use, disclosure and retention of that personal information by submitting a written request to BMW Toronto’s Chief Privacy Officer using the contact information noted below. Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have the information revised as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. BMW Toronto may decline to process a request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, vexatious or impracticable, that infringes or jeopardizes the privacy of other persons, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
- Non-Personal Information:
- Other Websites and Businesses:
- Other Matters:
- Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Disputes:
- Changes to this Policy:
- English Language:
- Contacting BMW Toronto’s Chief Privacy Officer: