Breathe easy in your BMW with fresh air through your heating and cooling ventilation system. This is made possible by the cabin air filter, which plays an important role in your BMW. It captures and prevents airborne contaminants and harmful pollutants, including allergens such as smog, pollen, mold and dust, from entering your BMW. The filter also protects downstream HVAC components. It is recommended that your BMW’s cabin air filter should be replaced approximately every 20,000km.
NEW CABIN AIR FILTER INDICATORS
- Bad odour from vents
- Decrease in air flow
- Increased noise coming from air vents
- Residue or grime build-up around engine air intake
- Odd noises from the engine when idle
- Decrease in acceleration
- Dark smoke coming from the exhaust
- Slow engine startup
- Service engine light on your dashboard
- Dirty air filter
- Decrease in fuel efficiency
If you are experiencing any of the above indicators, come visit us at BMW Toronto to get your service done.
For more information, visit BMW Toronto’s Service Department at 11 Sunlight Park Rd, or call us at (416) 623-4269.